Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring Time Thoughts



Spring...it's a coming!



I just wanted to say hello to everyone. The bricks and mortar shop closed the end of January and February has been the month of let's see where we're supposed to go next. The clouds are clearing and the sun is shining in our natural world and in the Glass and Wire Gems' business world. It's time for new beginnings or a rebirth of sorts.


One of the things that I'm excited about is the potential of creating new and different dichroic glass items. I'm going to spend some time working on earrings, bracelets, bookmarks, small dishes and whatever comes to mind. I want to try different things with the glass. I've already created several crosses that don't have the layer of clear glass over the dichroic. They have a totally different look and feel. They'll be a part of my new bookmark collection.


I also want to learn some new wire-wrapping techniques to create earrings, rings and bracelets. I have this urge to charge ahead with gusto but recognize that none of this will work if I don't do it right.


My partner, Jen, is working on ideas for new bracelets. We created the Revelation bracelet concept and they are selling well. She is now working on a Purity bracelet and has a couple of other ideas. All of these bracelets will be based on Christian themes.


Faith is the foundation of our business. Without it none of this would have happened. We are anxious to continue our journey and to see what the coming months will bring. We are ready to take the seed we have been given, nourish it and watch it grown. We hope that you will take this journey with us.


Blessings,
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna! I'm a new follower! I look forward to reading more of your posts....I hope you do! Your work is wonderful!!
    Continued blessings and success to you on your journey!
    ~Julie =]

    ReplyDelete